Put simply, anxiety can keep you from fully engaging with your life.
- Anxiety may cause you to avoid a wide variety of places, situations, or experiences.
- Anxiety may cause you to avoid connecting with other people, which can have ramifications for your social, work, or romantic life.
- Anxiety may keep you from enjoying things you once enjoyed.
- Anxiety and your attempts to cope with it may take up time that you would rather devote to other pursuits.
- Anxiety may frustrate your family and friends, who may be at a loss as to how to help you.
- Anxiety may affect your sleep, appetite, and ability to function in daily life.
Stop and take a moment to think: How has anxiety stopped me from living the life I want to live?